GRIZZLY LACROSSE CLUB
Lacrosse is an up and coming sport in the Sugar Land / Richmond area. It is one of the fastest-growing sports in the country. Lacrosse combines the basic skills used in soccer, basketball, football, and hockey into one fast-paced, high scoring game. Our coaches ensure your child will not only learn the sport of lacrosse, but also the important life skills such as respect, teamwork, and discipline.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The season "officially" starts in January and runs through April.
Officially means the start of games and multiple day practices
Open practices will begin in October
The team practices will start in December
Practices will be – Monday and Wednesday from 6-8 pm at The New Territory Sports Complex, fields L3 and L4
*Subject to change
Registration fees must be paid by the paid in full by the due date, or the fees will go to the next level. If all registration fees are not paid in full by January 1, your son will be ineligible to play. This is necessary for the purchase of uniforms.
The Richmond Lacrosse Club wants every boy from every background to be able to enjoy the game of lacrosse. Please contact the Board if your child would like to be considered for a scholarship.
- Paid registration includes player a reversible practice jersey, reversible game jersey, shorts. All lacrosse equipment (helmet, pads, stick) will be supplied by the player.
- Rental equipment available by request
- Equipment supplied by the player can be purchased at Dicks Sporting Goods, Academy, Lacrosse Unlimited (3601 W. Alabama St., Ste. 100 – 713.996.0088), and online (lacrossemonkey.com, lacrosseunlimited.com, comlax.com – just to name a few).
Required equipment to be supplied by the player – starter kits can be purchased for approximately $200:
- Helmet – may want to purchase locally to make sure if there are any problems you can easily resolve
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow / Arm pads
- Athletic Cup
- Cleats – football cleats work fine
- Bring water / Gatorade each practice or game – Coaches will have water, but good to be well hydrated.
Please check our website at www.grizzlylacrosse.org if you have any further questions. We look forward to hearing from you.